TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion
James T. - 2012-05-07

So, are you still there? Maybe, it is or was as you say. However, you say yourself that other places are not like that.
Now, it does not change the fact that Eden is a training centre focusing on private tuition of single or two students. Does not sound very promising to me - will you be paid even when there are no students to tutor?
Training centre businesses are a failure in themselves because of their business model; I won't waste my time and money on them - VIP here, VIP there; I simply do not care!

WOW another hater with too much time on their hands. No, I do not work their anymore. I moved to Taiwan after the end of my contract with Eden English and I have been teaching here ever since. I am not their now but I made lasting relationships with friends that are still there. My friends that are the end of their contracts and are renewing say that nothing has changed much. Actually, Eden has managed to survive for about 10 years, I think they open in 2002, because they have managed to do something that not many of their competitors are doing. During these past 10 years China has seen the rise in these mega chain schools like English First that dominate the Cram School market. I know this because I wrote a scholarly paper on the topic for one of my last Masters of Education classes. YES, THE SCHOOL PAYS YOU WHEN THE STUDENT DOESN'T SHOW. They always pay you on time and in full, too.

Training "centers," as us Americans would write the word, are just another name for cram schools. Everyone wants to be the best in China and if they are not best their lives are going to be less plentiful for themselves, their families, and parents. This school teaches learners of all ages English and they do it as good as or better than others school in China. If they will last another 10 years will not be determined by what students they teach today but by what students they teach in the future. All companies have to keep up with market trends and they have been doing so by filling the gap made by faceless mega chain schools.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- James T. -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- mynd i ffwrdd "athro" -- 2012-05-09
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- San Migs -- 2012-05-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -