TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Kojen - ESL discussion *Link*
Joe - 2005-06-06
In response to Kojen and Chain Schools in Taiwan, good or bad??? (Julie Garton and Gemma Foster)

I've worked at several English schools in Taipei including Kojen. Obviously the personality of your boss is a big factor when assessing a school but with about a hundred schools they are going to have good and bad people working for them. You just have to get lucky.
I wasn't completely happy working for Kojen (for several reasons like not wanting to work Saturdays) When I talked to the people at head office about the possibility of leaving before my contract ended, they were quite fair. They were willing to transfer me to another branch if I wanted to. I didn't want to transfer and I left early but perhaps that's an option for anyone who is unhappy with their boss or workmates. Looking back I think that as far as chain schools go, Kojen is pretty good and as a newbie I benefited from my years there. You could certainly have worse introductions to the teaching scene in Taipei.

Joe

Messages In This Thread
Kojen and Chain Schools in Taiwan, good or bad??? -- Julie Garton and Gemma Foster -- 2004-04-23
Kojen -- Michael Stanly -- 2004-11-19
groundless slander against school 4a -- Nigel Daly -- 2004-12-31
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Kojen - ESL discussion *Link*

Go to another board -