TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I am a Chinese-Canadian to be proud of. - ESL discussion
Chunping Wu - 2005-06-08

Since I retired in 1998, I came to teach in a small private high school in Zhangjiagie. I didnt care much about the pay. Now, I am here in Luxian through GEVU. I found the other foreign teachers were paid five thousand yuan a month, but only two thousand to me. Remember I was offered one thousand at first, and I did insist on 2 thousand only thought that the school was in a poor, remote, western-China interior area. As a matter of fact, it is said to be one of the 'nationally-chosen high school' and it is quite expensive too. Yet students paid RMB 7350 for tuition, 10 to 20 thousand for any one from other cities, with the books; room, board and other expenses not included. Ironically, after a midterm Students?Satisfactory Evaluation to each teacher, among all the 17 classes I have been teaching, 10 rated 100%, and 7 over 98%. Whereas the three other non-Canadian foreign teachers were all rated 50% to 90%. I have never had any sick call. In Canada, teachers and students are allowed to call in for sickness. The school boards not only arrange substitute teachers, they also pay the teachers who were sick in full to avoid the spreading of the viruses. Numerous teachers had accumulated lots of allowed sick leaves un-used. From all these, are you still believing those sarcastic rumors against most of the Canadian teachers?

Messages In This Thread
Canadians in China -- doctorjohn -- 2004-05-16
Re: Canadians in China... Vicki Premo -- Proud to Be Canadian -- 2004-08-06
Re: Canadians in China -- Proud to Be Canadian -- 2004-08-06
Re: Canadians in China -- Jay -- 2004-06-15
Re: Canadians in China -- Mike -- 2004-06-15
Re: Canadians in China -- boots43 -- 2004-06-16
Re: Canadians in China -- boots43 -- 2004-06-15
Re: Canadians in China -- Chinateacher1 -- 2004-05-17
Re: Canadians in China -- Robin Day -- 2004-05-17
Re: Canadians in China -- Michael Joseph Beauchot -- 2004-05-16
Re: Canadians in China -- Chunping Alex Wu -- 2004-08-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I am a Chinese-Canadian to be proud of. - ESL discussion

Go to another board -