TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre
foxy - 2012-07-19
In response to Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre (anti Tian Shou, Jilin province)

it is true the company can process your Z visa with a snap of your finger but that's all the best they can do and the rest are the worst to come in your life.

I worked up there for a spell. Changchun was ok - I liked the 'Light Rail' and some of the ordinary locals were kind to me. I was friendly with an Aussie ex trotting jockey who regretted very much teaching for Tianshuo.
It's a fact that the provincial education department there issues Foreign Expert Certificates to foreigners without university degrees, so I'd imagine there are more than a few so-called foreign experts teaching there. I heard some stories of some foreigners caught working without Z visas getting nabbed by the Waiban, though I got away with it!
One guy with a Z from there couldn't get a new job across the border in Shenyang of Liaoning province as the Jiin provincially-issued Z is not transferable. A foreign teacher qualified to teach in Jilin province is not necessarily guaranteed to be able to qualify for a Liaoning Residence Permit.
Changchun was too cold for me, bitingly so in winter. So I left the city after just one semester. Interestingly, Jilin is both the name of a province and a city of said province, that's unique in China! But unfortunately, Tianshuo is a agent from hell, no doubt about that. That's not unique!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- anti Tian Shou, Jilin province -- 2012-07-19
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- foxy -- 2012-07-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre

Go to another board -