TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Summation of the debate.
IMHO - 2012-07-31

There's a 20 year age gap between my two friends, so according to "Clyde", and LG my good friend would be one of those Western perverts by by definition. My pal is a great guy and has been in China for several years building a new kind of boat to deal with oil spills. Sea trials next month. And his partner is not some dumb ignorant woman. She works hard in the business - a joint venture between the Canadian and Chinese government because she wants a future with my pal - they both seem really happy together.

Not necessarily. Clyde's main viewpoint was that TEACHERS should not be having sexual relationships with STUDENTS, especially students who are, in all likelihood, much too naive and childlike yet. He even stated somewhere that maybe a teacher could surely find someone who was just a couple years older, graduated from college, gotten a job and perhaps was now a bit more mature . . . mature enough to possibly handle a May/December sort of romance, fling, whatever.

See, sentences like the one in bold print above are what causes the angry responses and calling of names. If your friend is 50 and she is 30, then I daresay that Clyde would have no problem with it. But since it seems as if he has gotten fed up with this site and left (like so many have in the past), we may never know for sure about his feelings. I, for one, find the above quoted scenario perfectly acceptable.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Summation of the debate. -- IMHO -- 2012-07-31
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Summation of the debate.

Go to another board -