TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Summation of the debate.
Magister - 2012-08-02
In response to Re: Summation of the debate. (IMHO)

That's right there are some long term posters here. I don't really consider myself on a par with some of the others you've named in terms of time I've spent posting here but during that time i would agree i have been quite active in my posting.

What i don't understand is how someone like yourself can just pop their head above the parapet once in a while and feel justified in taking cheap shots at the 'regular posters'. You then claim to be some sort of authority on what people have contributed over a space of 4-5years including 1000s of individual posts on many many different topics. Are you saying that you've read every one of those? How long have you been stalking the 'regular posters' of this site? Some people would describe that kind of behavior as trolling.

I can give you many examples of times i've disagreed with those other posters you've mentioned. The last time was just last week when myself and foxy had a difference of opinion over visas. In my opinion this was a valuable debate as it allows other readers to consider the advantages of both points of view. The fact that we managed to hold that debate without name calling, labeling and flat out nastiness towards each other despite our different points of view shouldn't be held against us. Sometimes posters including those that you've named do go over the top in their reaction to others points of view and i agree that the kind of name calling and aggression that is often present in posts is unnecessary. However, when you write a post like the one above that makes blanket accusations about people you don't know you must expect that the responses you get aren't going to be exactly friendly.

My challenge to yourself would be to debate a topic itself as opposed to commenting on individual posters or these make believe groups of posters that you've created.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Summation of the debate. -- IMHO -- 2012-08-01
Re: Summation of the debate. -- Magister -- 2012-08-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Summation of the debate.

Go to another board -