TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: A warning of two recruiters to avoid!
San Migs - 2012-08-04
In response to Re: A warning of two recruiters to avoid! (Dragonized)

Dear Drags,

Thanks for your kind words.

Unfortunately, it seems a number of years spent doing TEFL in China has no relevance to resuming work in the UK.

I have even applied to work at supermarkets, but because of the workfare scheme, there are not even many vacancies there.

And let's face it, a UK employer can choose between a guy who was been working menial jobs or been unemployed but has been in the UK for years, or some guy who has just come back and needs to renew his NI number, get back in the IRS, register for tax again and so on, and has no demonstratable experience, well, it's easy to see who is going to get the job. Basically the UK is not a good place to be working in, especially if you are single right now, especially with the current austerity measures. I'd imagine Greece, and from what I have heard from an Italian guy I met in China, Italy, are far worse than Spain, although it seems spain is heading down that route. So yes, I am considering tefl again.

Regards
SMGS

Messages In This Thread
A warning of two recruiters to avoid! -- San Migs -- 2012-08-01
Re: A warning of two recruiters to avoid! -- Dragonized -- 2012-08-04
Re: A warning of two recruiters to avoid! -- San Migs -- 2012-08-04
Re: A warning of two recruiters to avoid! -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-04
Re: A warning of two recruiters to avoid! -- foxy -- 2012-08-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: A warning of two recruiters to avoid!

Go to another board -