TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Making the right career choices
tianjindave - 2012-08-10
In response to Re: Making the right career choices (croydonboy)

Re: Making the right career choices
By:croydonboy
Date: 10 August 2012
In Response To: Re: Making the right career choices (LondonGirl)

I've been saving around 4000rmb a month and living comfortably, if not as extravagantly as the first year I was in China!
At current exchange rates that is just over 400 pounds a month. If you are planning on returning to london, even the suburbs, do you really think that will go so far if you want to rent a nice place, or pay off a mortgage?

And unless you have been paying in contributions overseas, you may find you are in for a rude awakening and need a strong irish coffee. You will have to backpay all your contributions just to get back in the system, and will be playing catch up, even with those who have just been working a mundane menial job.

But as you are qualified to teach medicine, what should a lesser being like me know eh?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When your'e saving in China it's well to keep an eye on the strength of the pound.You can covert your RMB into pounds and keep pounds in Zhonguo Yinhang and change it back,-you can make a lot of money? Or lose a lot. i was lucky and made a killing, relatively speaking. But you're right, it's all silly money when you have to go home. However, I've only worked in China to have a good time and as long as it pays its way, that'll do.

Who is qualified to teach medicine, I missed that one?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Making the right career choices -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-10
Re: Making the right career choices -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-10
Re: Making the right career choices -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Making the right career choices

Go to another board -