TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Fake Products in China
Magister - 2012-08-17
In response to Fake Products in China (englishgibson)

A student of mine recently told me that the wallmart supermarket in my city was a fake!

I guess in time things in china will improve and more established laws regarding copyrights and intellectual property rights will be established. China will need to make these changes if it ever hopes to develop its tertiary and quaternary economic sectors to compete with those of the west particularly the USA whose economy benefits from about 40% of R&D spending worldwide.

Chinese consumers are also becoming more picky about what they buy. Certainly those who can afford to buy high end, brand name foreign products are doing so which has helped such manufacturers back in the west survive the economic slump in their home nations.

As for the shoes, would you expect the retailer or manufacturer to give a refund if they had been purchased in the west? My guess is that if you tried to claim that then the retailer/manufacturer would ask for definitive proof that their shoes caused the injury to your foot as opposed to any one of the many others reasons why you might be suffering this pain.

Messages In This Thread
Fake Products in China -- englishgibson -- 2012-08-14
Re: Fake Products in China -- Magister -- 2012-08-17
Re: Fake Products in China -- englishgibson -- 2012-08-18
Re: Fake Products in China -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-19
Re: Fake Products in China -- englishgibson -- 2012-08-20
Re: Fake Products in China -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-20
Re: Fake Products in China -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-15
Re: Fake Products in China -- englishgibson -- 2012-08-17
Re: Fake Products in China -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Fake Products in China

Go to another board -