TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Fake Products in China
englishgibson - 2012-08-18
In response to Re: Fake Products in China (Magister)

Magister, the manufacturer has blatantly brushed off a few complaints on varieties of quality issues, and, yes, as according to the people I associate with on tennis courts, I would be asked for a definite proof the shoes have caused be my injury. My doctor, I also play tennis with, claims his report that my shoes are faulty would be labeled as highly subjective and repercussions could follow. There is a hell lot of money and influential people in the local market. As you have mentioned the economic benefits, there are plenty out of producing the sports shoes here.

With respect to copyrights and intellectual property rights on mainland China, unfortunately the manipulative local capitalism protects its profits rather than those rights of brand names holders who obviously are more often interested in opportunities, not litigations.

Regarding Adidas, the FACT is that its tennis shoes bottom on scores of produced units is of a low quality and it wears out before the rest of the shoe. Many recent Adidas tennis shoes users in Guangdong have been experiencing this, although their rights are only to either buy a new pair or switch to another brand name (perhaps local that some may hope here). One close friend of mine sent a complaint with the unfortunate shoes to the manufacturer who rebuffed him with nothing but excuses.

In the end, consumers’ rights on mainland China will most likely depend on the manipulative local capitalists and their rulers. The billion and a half of people usually get only limited choices after all. Perhaps, this is the best way to keep the economic sectors running smoothly.

Cheers and beers to Made In OUTSIDE China 

Messages In This Thread
Fake Products in China -- englishgibson -- 2012-08-14
Re: Fake Products in China -- Magister -- 2012-08-17
Re: Fake Products in China -- englishgibson -- 2012-08-18
Re: Fake Products in China -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-19
Re: Fake Products in China -- englishgibson -- 2012-08-20
Re: Fake Products in China -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-20
Re: Fake Products in China -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-15
Re: Fake Products in China -- englishgibson -- 2012-08-17
Re: Fake Products in China -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Fake Products in China