TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: TEFLing in thailand
tianjindave - 2012-08-23

(D) fake degree from a degree mill, nothing else - should not be allowed to teach, totally unacceptable.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You have changed the subject "Yuncheng IELTS" with a big smokescreen which only addresses secondary arguments I put to you. You have stubbornly decided to sit on Yuncheng IELTS which you once regarded as your biggest arch -enemy but now say "a friend has told you they treat their FT's well" The Yuncheng IELTS thread must have been the longest and most bitterly fought bone of contention on this forum. Recently a post arrived on this forum praising Yuncheng IELTS. You should have launched a brutal attack against this poster. Never mind, I will drop it unless somebody else takes it up.

As for the above-"should not be allowed to teach by whom?" It's not your concern, it's up to the Chinese who are often very happy to accept fake degrees. [edited] I will say this to you, and am better qualified to assess the ordinary FT than you are are because you are not an ordinary FT. All of the fake degree-holders I accounted in China had a better command of English than younf people with genuine degrees. A good Oral English teacher MUST be a native born speaker. All the degrees under the sun cannot make a teacher a native born Englishman or American or whatever. BUT having said that, although I do not believe a non-native speaker will ever be knowledgeable enough to teach oral English, if the Chinese wish to employ Russians or Africans to do the job it's their business and not mine.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TEFLing in thailand -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: TEFLing in thailand

Go to another board -