TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Yuncheng IELTS?
San Migs - 2012-09-08
In response to Re: Yuncheng IELTS? (Ex Yuncheng IELTS FT)

Hello sir/madam,

Afraid we will have to agree to disagree here.

You'll be taught how to teach by your Chinese teaching assistant.

What if you don't like being taught how to teach? Most TA's are recent graduates themselves/or lack know how in classrooms. Their role is to assist only, not to teach us how to TEACH!

She will accompany you to every class to be your translator and help maintain discipline.

As for maintaining discipline and translating, yes perhaps helpful. But I would say you are better off learning some mandarin and classroom management, then you won't need a TA at all.

Teaching without a teaching assistant is exhausting and inefficient as many high school students in China have very limited English vocabulary and poor listening ability.

Agree about the students abilities, but I just don't like someone reporting and snitching back on me.

She will also assist you and your family outside the classroom to buy life's essentials and open a bank account so you can be paid your monthly salaries.

Opening a bank account is easy enough, take your passport, the form is easy to get at say bank of china, no worries there.

Chinese trains are fast and safe.

Fast yes, but safe no. Wenzhou accident? Power cuts on the shanghai to beijing line? Overcrowded at holidays with kids running around and people carrying on watermelons and stuff like that?

They are relatively clean if you travel by hard or soft sleeper, which you will be doing.

I'd agree on this, however the sinks/toilets will not be upto western expectations. I'd also say hard sleeper is not safe at all, if there was an accident.

The company will have to use you and your family's passport attachments from your e-mails to purchase sleeper tickets on your behalf in advance.

Do you mean the scanned passport page? This is true, although getting the tickets can be a nightmare, esp at busy times of the year.

Regards
SMGS

Messages In This Thread
Yuncheng IELTS? -- Stan&Family -- 2012-09-07
Re: Yuncheng IELTS? -- Beijing Blacklist -- 2012-09-08
Re: Yuncheng IELTS? -- Kevin -- 2012-09-08
Re: Yuncheng IELTS? -- Ex Yuncheng IELTS FT -- 2012-09-07
Re: Yuncheng IELTS? -- San Migs -- 2012-09-08
Re: Yuncheng IELTS? -- foxy -- 2012-09-07
Re: Yuncheng IELTS? -- foxy -- 2012-09-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Yuncheng IELTS?

Go to another board -