TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: NYS certified in ESL
Dragonized - 2012-09-12
In response to NYS certified in ESL (Stephanie)

Steph, how are you? I am living around your area as a matter of fact and I can say from working abroad for 5 years that you need to be careful where you go. If you are of European Caucasian descent it would not be a problem for you really to find a job anywhere around Asia. You would be getting offers from plenty of training centers and other informal places that use education as a business. I would suggest you think twice about going to these types of places and take what they say to you with a grain of salt. I can say that you risk getting ripped off in the end. I would say to look at schools that are public schools located in more developed cities. You do need to realize that you will meet biased folks who say nothing but positive things about their host country as well as folks who bring their bubble along and want nothing to do with understanding the culture no matter where you go. Just be sure to get a VALID working visa no matter where you are going. I have worked in 3 countries teaching ESL. You can email me for further details.

Messages In This Thread
NYS certified in ESL -- Stephanie -- 2012-09-12
Re: NYS certified in ESL -- Dragonized -- 2012-09-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: NYS certified in ESL

Go to another board -