TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption
Magister - 2012-10-23
In response to Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption (englishgibson)

I agree with several points you make about the goals and ideology that ef have towards education. On the surface They are quite good but in reality they are not achieved within individual centres or by individual teachers around china. I wrote a similar post at the beginning of this year.

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/review/index.pl?page=1;read=42891

In my opinion many of these ideals are all just for cosmetic appearance as opposed to having any real substance.

EF's primary objective is expansion (30-40 new centres a year) and it's resources are all being pointed towards achieving this. There was a poster last week who described the situation at EF corporate schools in a list of pros and cons. Some people labelled him an EF lackey but if you read one of his complaints it was that the new curriculum (the same courses that I praised) was not rolled out properly and this was in a non-franchise school in Guangzhou. If they can't implement them in these schools what hope do you suppose they have of doing it in the franchise schools which they don't directly manage? In these instances it's really just pot luck as to whether any of these lofty goals make it down to individual teachers and the students who have paid for the course. Unfortunately, Their own policies have put short to medium term expansion ahead or medium to long term improvements in education. Until that changes they will continue to see the same sort of problems that are posted here on a monthly basis.

Messages In This Thread
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- englishgibson -- 2012-10-21
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- San Migs -- 2012-10-21
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- englishgibson -- 2012-10-22
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- Magister -- 2012-10-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption

Go to another board -