TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption
englishgibson - 2012-10-23

Doctor T, textbooks are skeletons of courses and teachers supplementary materials as well as their classrooms' approach are the flesh which facilitates students' progress. Of course, teachers put their own ingredients into their lessons and those spices could come to as much as 50% backbone and 50% physical appearance. That all may depend on teachers' training, their experience or classroom atmosphere. As a DoS, I provided my 15 EF teachers with professional development sessions at least once monthly.

An educational institution or program without course books is only a circus where fun, motivations and often advertisement are present. Ironically, the EF has become exactly that with their mismanagement of their skeletons and flesh. Why? This is where I agree with the eslteachersboard famous EF and all other language training centers' bashing doctor T that the local schools/centers are for profit too much and that they are corrupt to their teeth.

Having said that, however, we ought to be a little bit more honest on such forums as this one and we ought not to succumb to blind attacks while disregarding facts completely. Moreover, we must try to offer a more general picture of the market for the sake of readers, the prospective applicants for advertised opportunities. Otherwise, they'll be misled and sites'll be unhelpful.

The bottom line on the topic of EF is that this worldwide educational organization is greatly mismanaged, corrupt and dangerous for any FTs to work at as much as the basis is that this franchisor has western skeletons, flesh (lately more often locally managed) and better attempts for contractual agreements with teachers. More importantly on the topic, all should know that this foreign company, like many other western brand names in China, has been targeted by local powers for some obvious reasons, and that many local educational institutions are incompetent in varieties of areas.

Cheers and beers

Messages In This Thread
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- englishgibson -- 2012-10-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption

Go to another board -