TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Linyi University isn't that bad - ESL discussion
Brian West - 2005-06-17
In response to Specifics - ESL discussion (No sense in even posting it here)

There should be some clarification about Linyi University in its defense. Linyi is a growing university in a newly developing city. Things are not perfect here, but things are not perfect in many places in China. Also, things are not even perfect in America, which is why I came to teach here in the first place.

The people of Linyi are very nice people, and the university, I think, will be improving every year. In about 5-10 years, Linyi University will probably be very far along in the development of its program to internationalize the teaching staff.

There is a older woman who works here who believes that Linyi University is a willing partner. She has much experience working in foreign countries, and puts many things into perspective.

For my part, I can only say that the bad experiences I have had here are mostly because I chose to look at things with a negative instead of a positive attitude. In retrospect, the university has done well to take care of me, and I will be returning to Linyi to work with younger students this summer and next year.

I would advise people with little tolerance to not come here. But if you are a flexible, tolerant teacher with a good temper and a love for university students, you should come here if you have the opportunity. It will only be willing teachers who help Linyi University improve its English education.

There are worse things in life than having to pay for the phone or the Internet.

Brian West

Messages In This Thread
LINYI NORMAL UNIVERSITY??? -- Doug Curtis -- 2004-08-27
Linyi University -- M. S. Lary -- 2005-01-10
Linyi Normal University -- concerned EFL teacher -- 2004-11-30
Re: Linyi Normal University -- Gareth Mostert -- 2007-11-22
Re: Linyi Normal University -- Paul Weiss -- 2011-01-05
Linyi University -- David -- 2005-01-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Linyi University isn't that bad - ESL discussion

Go to another board -