TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure
Dragonized - 2012-11-11
In response to Re: Power struggle and power structure (Magister)

I think before any real changes can come the regular people need to see themselves as citizens first and foremost who have rights. Once their rights are violated they must realize they have no obligation towards the government. Every soldier, policeman, doctor, politician is only making their own society worse in china by going along with the nihilistic values of what the government promotes. What china is essentially doing is fooling or attempting to fool the vast majority of its population towards living a very unproductive, parasitic, and selfish lifestyle and it is one that can only be sustained by bringing out the worst, most negative side that human nature has to offer.

Chinese still have a long long ways to go in terms of behaving in a decent, common sense manner including things such as:

1. Taking care of their own environment

2. Respecting other people's property and not just thinking they can keep whatever they find, and not trying to take a friend's or relative's things if they see that they don't possess it.

3. Having BOUNDARIES when asking about other people's personal lives

4. Getting over jealousy over petty things such as others having more ability than you. The jealousy leads to wicked behavior

5. Seeing the world as not just made up of things that the physical senses can detect, but understanding a higher sense of self. Expanding the conscious.

6. Taking care of their children and I mean actually taking care of them. Not just screaming, yelling, beating, and abusing them when you're the one feeling down and then telling them how great they can be in the next breadth.

7. Seeing their own hypocrisy. Any intelligent individual who has studied mental disorders and is fluent in Mandarin chinese can detect a strong sense of bipolarism when communicating amongst the general population. It seems like the local chinese will put you or another person on a high pedestal one minute but will say (and sometimes admit doing) something remarkably cruel the next.

8. Understanding that having compassion, empathy, and courage are the pillars of having true virtue. One can only have a successful social life have have real friends if one believes in true good. You have to be willing to volunteer in doing things which brings no benefit to you, but that is how you build true civilization.

Before I start sounding like a Priest I will stop talking about values and morals. But something basic that we may hear at whatever religion in which we practice is very strange and foreign to the chinese.

Shortsightedness and lack of real values will come back and bite them. Almost every type of virtuous behavior that is observed in china has a personal agenda behind it, and that is making yourself look good in front of others. This is why the country is already developed by world standards, but it has merely produced the world's most unhappy people (in my opinion).

Messages In This Thread
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Magister -- 2012-11-09
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Magister -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Magister -- 2012-11-13
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- San Migs -- 2012-11-12
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- juanisaac -- 2012-11-13
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- I agree -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- San Migs -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- San Migs -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism -- San Migs -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Flora -- 2012-11-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure

Go to another board -