TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism
Dragonized - 2012-11-11

Confucianism became interpreted and installed into society as a by true Democratic Standards a Heretical belief system which has NEVER recognizing an INDIVIDUAL as being the most important member of society, period. So as long as the chinese cannot see others as true individuals with firm boundaries to be respected and all individuals need to be communicated with in an equal, respectable manner they cannot save themselves.

I am sick of just hoping, any decent changes cannot be foreseen as being able to happen in my lifetime. It's not that the chinese aren't capable of changing for the better. Rather it's their extremely weak sense of self that comes from abusive child rearing practices both physically and emotionally that weakens their own ability to take on adult responsibilities, therefore having a weak foundation of which they cannot bring out a sustainable, long term plan for bringing progress to their society.

It's ironic that a society which is perceived as being united within their own group, respecting their "elders", and even being smart in reality actually is one of the least trusting towards their own, the least understanding towards older folks, and the least intelligent when it comes to having common sense, compassion, and a genuine mindset towards staying in and making their own country better once they have achieved wealth and power.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism -- I agree -- 2012-11-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism

Go to another board -