TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure
San Migs - 2012-11-12
In response to Re: Power struggle and power structure (Dragonized)

Drags,

A lot of what you say is true. I am interested in the topics you have raised and conducted some of my own research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China

China accounts for 30 percent of suicides worldwide. Granted, there is a larger population, but for women to be killing themselves, there is obviously something rotten in the system.

I was watching Skyfall, the new 007 film, of course it showed Shanghai and Macau, prosperous, futuristic, with affluent people, going forward into the 22nd century, but I wonder how much of the real china the filmmakers saw or would have been allowed to film?

In a culture that values image, over substance, any women who don't match the expected beauty standards suffer from low self esteem, no doubt. Add in that families prefer a son, and is it any wonder, women are so messed up.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Magister -- 2012-11-09
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Magister -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Magister -- 2012-11-13
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- San Migs -- 2012-11-12
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- juanisaac -- 2012-11-13
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- I agree -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- San Migs -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- San Migs -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism -- San Migs -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Flora -- 2012-11-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure

Go to another board -