TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL/EFL courses & certification
San Migs - 2012-11-27
In response to Re: ESL/EFL courses & certification (foxy)

I take it you mean a postgraduate degree, a master's, when you write MA.

Yes, as masters degree or MA in it's short form.

I agree with you.

Thanks.

Even though new university graduates in the west are having a tough time landing an initial non-deadend jobs, they do not flock to the PRC in droves. Maybe there are two reasons: the western media portrays China in a bad light regularly is one. The other is that it takes people who are adventurous to travel so far from their homelands to China to teach. There are not many who would risk it for a biscuit!

True, but given the economic fallout of the eurozone it is still an attractive option. I met an italian guy in HK who told me China was heaven for him as he would otherwise be twiddling his thumbs in southern italy receiving a meagre benefits payment from the government, with not much hope of securing good employment. Whether it is that way for people in the UK, not sure. I'd agree the media taints peoples views though, you are right there!

As for many Chinese employers favoring job applicants with teaching experience, I'd say this is because they have learnt this through experience.

Experience can be learnt. Everyone goes through a baptism of fire when they come to China, in one way or another

Strangely, the original poster has removed his post. That's why I've decided not to post in this thread in the future.

That is strange, just curious on as to why?

Messages In This Thread
Re: ESL/EFL courses & certification -- foxy -- 2012-11-26
Re: ESL/EFL courses & certification -- San Migs -- 2012-11-26
Re: ESL/EFL courses & certification -- foxy -- 2012-11-27
Re: ESL/EFL courses & certification -- San Migs -- 2012-11-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL/EFL courses & certification

Go to another board -