TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: My Experiences in China as a Black American teacher (New Dynamic Institute)
Mancunian - 2012-12-18

Dear De you have summed up chinese culture as a whole in a mere few sentences. To all real teachers who want to make a difference you are better off somewhere else where people will actually see your personal value. DO NOT let the chinese use you for their own personal gains and their narcissistic egos. Let this be a lesson to all.

Good Day
May I ask you, please, what you mean by "Let this be a lesson to all?" It followed "DO NOT let the chinese use you for their own personal gains and their narcissistic ego" So, the implication and the answer seems to suggest that none of us should remain in China to aid and abet them with obtaining these 'personal gains?' I observe that something does not seem to fit, because the people who seem to advise us so much that the Chinese are total shits seem to stay on in China year after year. I do not refer to the good gentlemen who started this thread, because in all honesty he has said "Up with this I will not put, and will not farther tarnish myself by remaining in their midst."(poetical translation) Why is it that some of us will only leave China, it seems, in a wooden box, having moaned our way through half a lifetime of apparent torment? Why don't we make our point by just going?

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: My Experiences in China as a Black American teacher (New Dynamic Institute)

Go to another board -