TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: My Experiences in China as a Black American teacher (New Dynamic Institute)
San Migs - 2012-12-18

Fact is, China ain't Blighty. And I do not envisage things re racial discrimination changing fast here. But there are certain extra freedoms one can have here as a foreign teacher that one can't take advantage of in Blighty. In my opinion, they outweigh the negative aspect you mention. Please don't ask me what they are. I won't reply, more than to mention L's, F's, X's and Residence Permits that are inappropriate.
BTW, Blighty isn't the dog's bollocks either. Each country in this world has its unique +ves and -ves. The secret is to match your special needs with what the prospective host country has to offer
you. Maybe that's too general - sometimes particular areas of countries , such as backward parts of China, fit paricular westerners' needs. In contrast, developed zones such as Shanghai would be poison to some of us, me included.
One thing we can say is it's better to be white when it comes to being employed in China as an FT. A good angle for white people, and this should be exploited!

I am not going to rise to your bait, it is christmas after all. I agree with some parts of your post, but disagree with most (hah, that rhymes!)

Merry Christmas (from someone resolutely NOT your enemy!)
SMGS

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: My Experiences in China as a Black American teacher (New Dynamic Institute)

Go to another board -