TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby?
Mancunian - 2012-12-29

Once again Mancunian you show your lack of experience and knowledge. I repeat once again, China is NOT a good place to bring up children. I have strong feelings about this, and I think to expose young children to a society devoid of any sort of moral and ethical values is TOTALLY WRONG! Just look at the behaviour of Chinese kids these days: spoilt little young emperors and princesses. This "me me me" entitlement mentality is sure to rub of on young Western children.
If you want your kids to grow up to be self-centred, greedy, brainwashed, racist, ungrateful for anything, then China is the the place to to take them. The inferior education system is also something to be seriously concerned about.

Exposing Western children to an alien culture and inferior way of thinking is a form of child abuse IMO.

An FT should feel safer by far dealing with Chinese students, than in your average English classroom, where any sort of respect for the teacher has long since been thrown out of the window by the politically correct. If I were a parent, I would worry less about my child in a Chinese school environment than a Western one, and quite frankly I would feel more confident of her or him learning something.

Your opinions seem to be wholy formed by your resentment for rich Chinese who make up a tiny tiny part of the Chinese population.

Why on earth did you spend so long in China, renewing your contract or changing schools over and over again? Why didn't you remain in Australia, or return there when you were so disatisfied in China; I cannot get my head around this at all?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- Mancunian -- 2012-12-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby?

Go to another board -