TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: re: the mentality of greed a single man is up against in asia
Mancunian - 2012-12-29

Zhu ni xinnian hao is a standard phrase in Chinese on that occasion. Being gay in the real sense of the word is quite another thing. By experience on here, gay has been used mostly in the other sense referring to homosexuals on here, and I did not get the context since I had no time to read all the lengthy messages in the thread. I am myself a conservative Anglican working priest, and for the church I could not condone homosexual practices for theological reasons. Outside church, in daily life, homosexuals are ordinary people that I can respect for what they are - simply human beings like you and me. However, as a bishop of my communion, I could never consecrate/ordain anyone with that kind of sexual orientation.

Anglican churches have been in dissent over this and similar issues for a long time, it has caused many splits in the Anglican church movement. May be, I am wrong in my personal stance regarding the issue, but this is what I believe and causes me to act accordingly.

BTW, an Anglican working priest is one who works in a secular job like teaching to earn his/her money but serves the church in his free time.The Jesuits started doing this in France, and it became a model for other churches. I am not paid for my services to the church, and I do not want to be. According to Canon (church) law, I had been consecrated a bishop in valid Apostolic Succession which enables me to ordain/consecrate other called clergy to service of Holy Orders in the Church.

Well, these church matters are my private business and are a bit off-topic here: I have just mentioned them for reasons of context.

Probably best if some things remain unsaid, rather than presenting a juicy topic for debate and promptly killing it off in the next paragraph; it is very very annoying; I suggest in future, you can simply say 'because of personally held religious beliefs' That will cover it. However, I have no wish to interfere in your'private business' as I believe that none of us have the right to interfere in the private business of consenting adults. Easy for me to say perhaps being unhinhibited by any beliefs. I would accept that the Bible seems to agree with you, but I would say it's a work of fiction.

Thanks for the Chinese explaination.

Messages In This Thread
Re: re: the mentality of greed a single man is up against in asia -- Mancunian -- 2012-12-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: re: the mentality of greed a single man is up against in asia

Go to another board -