TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I need some quick advice, guys - ESL discussion
Ann-Toe-Knee - 2005-06-22

Hello. I'm currently waiting in Thailand for my boss-to-be to send me my visa blue form and plane ticket from his school in South Korea. I've already submitted my necessary documents (about six weeks ago) and they've been processed and returned to my boss.

About five weeks ago this person told me via email he had submitted my documents to immigration and it should take no longer than about 5 business days to process them. He then 'went cold' for nearly three weeks.

About two weeks ago I had a friend contact this person asking why it was taking so long to process my documents and why it was taking so long for him to get back in touch with me.

My new boss immediately emailed me telling me it was taking longer than anticipated to process the documents. My friend emailed me back and told me the guy told HIM he submitted my documents about ten days AFTER the day he told me he submitted them.

So I sat tight.

Two days ago I got an email from my boss-to-be telling me my visa documents had been processed and he was sending them, along with a plane ticket, to me by 'the end of that week'.

Today I got an email from him requesting I use his credit card to buy a plane ticket for myself in BKK as it is 'really expensive' to buy such a ticket in South Korea.

Have any of you been given such a directive?
The name of the school is We Can Foreign Language Institute and it's located in Changwon.

I've already signed a contract with him, but I have an offer waiting on me in Bangkok (40K+ salary) as I write this. This contract that I signed with the SK school stated I'd start on June 7 (over three weeks ago) and I'd get a plane ticket in the mail. So far neither has been honored.

The bitch of it is that it'll indeed be a real 'bitch' to get a job in SK for the next year. I have to cancel with this school and get my documents back. I can only imagine how hard this is going to be.

What should I do here? Walk away from the offer? I'm tempted to do just that. I have to act soon, as in the next few days, if I'm gonna take the BKK job.

Messages In This Thread
I need some quick advice, guys - ESL discussion -- Ann-Toe-Knee -- 2005-06-22
I'm in - ESL discussion -- Ann-Toe-Knee -- 2005-06-26
He sounds like a super-tightwad at best - ESL discussion -- SiamSap -- 2005-06-23
advice - ESL discussion -- Jun -- 2005-06-22
Thanks a bunch - ESL discussion -- Ann-Toe-Knee -- 2005-06-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I need some quick advice, guys - ESL discussion

Go to another board -