TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: No, not quite the bottom
ASTF - 2013-01-01

When yourself, dragonized and a couple of others on this board start this rhetoric about 'loyalty to the homeland', I can't help but feel that you actually sound just like the wu Mao crew or GWs that you supposedly despise. In one breath arguing that your country is the best thing since sliced bread and ignoring any of it's ills, while in another bashing all other cultures with your bitter and ridiculous comments. Are you suggesting that if I don't pledge loyalty to the Stars and Stripes, Union Jack (union flag) or somewhere I should be regarded as some sort of traitor? Are you in fact a member of some organization that oppresses the choices of other individuals? Perhaps some foreign arm of the red guard?
I am in china because I choose to come here. I'm grateful that I have a ridiculously easy job which just happens to be in china and that pays me a good wage while leaving me plenty of time to do what i want with my life. as soon as those circumstances change I'll be straight off home or to some other destination that can provide me with such a life, if that makes me disloyal then so be it! furthermore, I am very grateful that I was born in a country (just like you) that allows me the freedom to come and go whenever I wish without questioning my 'loyalty' towards it - whatever that means!?

Messages In This Thread
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- foxy -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- John O’Shei -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- foxy -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- juanisaac -- 2013-01-03
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-03