TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: The point being???
Mancunian - 2013-01-02
In response to Re: The point being??? (Dragonized)

My experience as well as that of Silverboy's reflect an honest look at how we feel about chinese people and this mostly comes from personal experience. You can beat your drum all day about how much better your opinion is better than ours. But you will have come no closer to convincing us than we have towards you.

We all, including me, need to change our attitudes in life sometimes. I'm not suggesting that this is applicable to you but it is so, to many FT's who go to China hoping to find a wife. Now most Chinese women are the salt of the earth, but China is no different from Western countries inasmuch as if you are not sensible about choosing, and where you look for potential wife you will come a cropper. Getting a wife via QQ may not be a good idea-trawling houses of ill-repute is not sensible. At the worst you will get that woman back to New Zealand or wherever, and she won't stay with you for much longer than getting her indefinite leave to remain in whatever Western country. Or you will stay in China with her and she and her familly will bleed you dry. Why I am saying this is that this sort of experience will often have the result of upsetting the balance of the mind and making that said FT a complete hater of China and the Chinese in all respects. Of course spending several years in China and not being even able to net a really bad prospect can make one bitter too, that's a real smack in the eye.

I'm not sure why you yourself dislike the Chinese-I don't suppose it's any of the above but you shouldn't let it control you; it will eat away at you and pull you down.

Messages In This Thread
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- foxy -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- John O’Shei -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- foxy -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- juanisaac -- 2013-01-03
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-03
Re: The point being??? -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: The point being???

Go to another board -