TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: The point being???
Dragonized - 2013-01-02
In response to Re: The point being??? (Mancunian)

I wasn't looking for a chinese wife to begin with. I never entertained the idea of finding a life partner on qq. It's obvious from the way you've drawn your conclusions about me that we're operating from different paradigms. Back in the states and in my trips to China I have spoken with chinese women about their viewpoints regarding why they date chinese men and why they date foreign men. I can tell you that sexism is alive and well in china. You don't see all these adoptions happening in the USA for no good reason.

As such, I don't think chinese women in general are the salt of the earth either. I have met a few who might be but just like anywhere else (taking your words) you have your share's worth of females you'd shy away from. I do not think for one second that the proportion of decent women in china is better than that of any other country. Thinking like this is dangerous, as it will open you up to being taken advantage of.

I do not let my dislike of the vices of chinese people bring me down. I firmly believe that all cultures that were at one time great in their history (including china possibly) practiced virtuous ways of living like sharing knowledge, being charitable, and running a government that was more fair than their contemporaries. But at the same time greatness isn't achieved by one single people, if you look at empires throughout history they all had more open markets where expats could come and live and make a life for themselves. In this regard modern China is way backwards being that they can't even keep their own smart people inside the country. We are all connected in one way or the other, and the Chinese nowadays do not possess as big of a capacity to accept other out of their demographics as people in other countries do.

The difference between being naive and being ignorant is a wide gap. Naive people will defer to and be willing to listen to folks who have success with their knowledge/career/beliefs. Ignorant people will only wait to find an opening in another individual where they can prove they are better in some way, even if what's being discussed is something they can't grasp their mind around. What I have a problem with is the ignorance of some of the posters who cannot take criticism of China. If you were reading posts on this board going way back to 07' you'll see how whenever there was a negative review about a school or training center in China you would see a whole flock of folks go up in arms about it. Hence you see why I take a "take no crap" stance when I have a disagreement with someone. If you don't like to hear things that will stir the pot, don't come to a public forum.

Messages In This Thread
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- foxy -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- John O’Shei -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- foxy -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-22
Re: The point being??? -- juanisaac -- 2013-01-03
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-03
Re: The point being??? -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-02
Re: The point being??? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: The point being???

Go to another board -