TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: On hacking from the outside
Mancunian - 2013-01-10
In response to Re: On hacking from the outside (foxy)

Agreed, Mancu...!
Please bear in mind that there are louwai like me here in the PRC who know very little about computing, even in these high-tech times! Having loads of free time on my hands, and with Chinese Windows installed for the sake of a family member who'll use my laptop when I'm dead and gone, and because I know full well from experience that desktops and laptops provided by Chinese EFL employers are often programmed wiyh Chinese Windows, often on the cheapest connections, narrowband per se, their performance often being compromised by viruses and registry errors, I posted re this subject to aid FTs in need of basic advice.
Years ago, Silverboy, no less, was unable to get Yahoo Messenger to work on audio and video coz he claimed his laptop was error-ridden. Yet he was on QQ! He and I would only communicate by typing messages via Yahoo Messenger!
Anyways, no matter. I feel I've done certain FTs who are virtually computer-illiterate a service by my posts. As for privacy issues, I care nothing. I have neither Internet banking nor anything to hide. My main prerogative is audio and video live stream access, and my laptop achieves those admirably now, thanks to me! Not thanks to Chinese who claim to know about computing, but know even less than me! I don't need those pretenders, and besides, I've derived much satisfaction from enhancing and improving my laptop off my own bat!

Hopefully your laptop will be an ancient relic by the time you pop your clogs. Yes it's been good of you to provide information that could well have benefited somebody. And jokes aside I feel any information you have aired about pension problems, a lot of us could have also benefited from ,not least of all for the knowledge that others are having the same type of problems. I have made note of that, and may find myself in the situation where I feel i may have some recourse to your hard-won information. cherrs and beers

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-05
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- foxy -- 2013-01-05
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-06
Re: On hacking from the outside -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-07
Re: On hacking from the outside -- foxy -- 2013-01-08
Re: On hacking from the outside -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-08
Re: On hacking from the outside -- San Migs -- 2013-01-08
Re: On hacking from the outside -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-09
Re: On hacking from the outside -- San Migs -- 2013-01-09
Re: On hacking from the outside -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-09
Re: On hacking from the outside -- San Migs -- 2013-01-09