TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: On hacking from the outside
foxy - 2013-01-10
In response to Re: On hacking from the outside (Mancunian)

And jokes aside I feel any information you have aired about pension problems, a lot of us could have also benefited from ,not least of all for the knowledge that others are having the same type of problems. I have made note of that, and may find myself in the situation where I feel i may have some recourse to your hard-won information. cherrs and beers.

Well, sir. There's no substitue for experience, even of the bitter variety. Pension providers sending pension instalments to the PRC is by no means rocket science. Given that the SPPA has chosen Citibank as its bank to do said transfers, and that SPPA insists on sending local currency to China despite Citibank's list of countries for sending local currency not including the PRC, though it does include HK, I'd say that pensioners should be given the choice of receiving GBP or local currency. Another thing is the transfer charges are 20 GBP/ GBP transfer. What about for RMB transfers, if that is an option, which the BOC says isn't one, or for USD?

From the age of 50, I've been receiving another small pension from another pension provider, one who is kind enough to have arranged annual payments to save me heavy transfer charge deductions. Seemingly the SPPA isn't set up through Citibank to do that. Why the hell not?

Now, sleekit Brian Thomson of SPPA is ignoring my e-mails. No matter, I know how to deal with him and his like. I had sent him the two links for my pension threads on this board - I guess he's irate. Too bad, if he had been on top of his job, there'd have been no need for such drastic action on my part.

As for my laptop, I've uninstalled Wise PC Engineer, though i've retained Wise 365 System Care. I've had to download MZ XP Tweaker to improve buffering on Veetle. I've uninstalled Veetle HD as very few movies will play on my laptop in HD mode on Veetle without buffering problems. So, I'm only on Veetle LD now. That's good enough.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-05
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- foxy -- 2013-01-05
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-06
Re: On hacking from the outside -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-07
Re: On hacking from the outside -- foxy -- 2013-01-08
Re: On hacking from the outside -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-08
Re: On hacking from the outside -- San Migs -- 2013-01-08
Re: On hacking from the outside -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-09
Re: On hacking from the outside -- San Migs -- 2013-01-09
Re: On hacking from the outside -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-09
Re: On hacking from the outside -- San Migs -- 2013-01-09