TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: On hacking from the outside
Mancunian - 2013-01-11

Yes, you are right about the Yahoo Messenger. I had many problems with that. And yes, I did have QQ for a while, but it is worse than Messenger and more of a security risk. I had a bad experience with QQ in June 2011, then another one in September 2011, and have not used it since then. I especially hate QQ zone, where anyone can write anything they want about you and there is nothing you can do about it. Ofcourse you can delete the offensive and untrue remarks, but if you don't check often you won't know what is written on there. I was told about the bad remarks by a post-graduate student at my university. A student at my university also somehow hacked into my QQ account and pretended to be me.
There was also a BS story about myself and a Chinese woman on a Chinese gossip site written in hanzi. I was at a KTV cafe one Saturday night. A Chinese woman I know was browsing the net and saw the story. I was supposedly running a prostitution and sex traffiking ring at the cafe with the female Chinese owner of the cafe: She did not know about it either and she exploded with anger. I investigated and found out it was an ex-employee who was also a student at my university.

I refer to your other post. Yes, I agree, using your debit card in China is not ideal and there is often a charge. I meant when I said that I considered the charges reasonable, comparatively speaking, when comparing to the cash that Foxy loses in the complicated route of his money going through Citybank and being converted into USA Dollars before he eventually gets his remnimbi. However, I am not 100 % sure I have got things right because Foxy sounds like he's in control.

Bit of a grim tale you relate-these things can happen if there's a maladjusted youngster on the loose. Good luck in Philippines.

Messages In This Thread
Re: On hacking from the outside -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-11
UK International Pensions Direct Payment -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: On hacking from the outside

Go to another board -