TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › If you don't leave you may hurt me later - ESL discussion
RhenoThai - 2005-06-25

If you stay at this job enduring all the abuse you describe in your post, you'll hurt guys like me later. See, I don't put up with crap like this long enough to even make a post asking for advice about it.

If you do stay, you'll finish up your contract and then the school will go looking for your replacement. They may find ME, a fire-breathing pit-bull of the TEFL teacher ranks, or someone very similiar to me. I'd walk into the classes you left behind--classes whose students who think they can abuse the white face at will. And guess what happens next?

The school will be suddenly, and I do mean SUDDENLY, without that white face. Said white face then has to hit the streets all over again looking for a job. He doesn't like to do that--especially after he's gotten his hopes up that this job could be that
ever-elusive 'great job'.

So please--I beg you. Get out of there before everyone from the director on down gets it set in their minds that this sort of thing is acceptable. They won't like what happens if I am next to arrive at your school.

RT

Messages In This Thread
teaching second time round - ESL discussion -- LC -- 2005-06-21
If you don't leave you may hurt me later - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-25
Leave - ESL discussion -- The Joker -- 2005-06-24
TEFL Teaching--the glorified babysitting gig - ESL discussion -- Elephant -- 2005-06-23
second time around - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-06-23
This job may keep affecting you long after you've left -- Elephant -- 2005-06-23
The two reasons to quit any job - ESL discussion -- SiamSap -- 2005-06-23
Go! Now! - ESL discussion -- BD -- 2005-06-22
Get outta there - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › If you don't leave you may hurt me later - ESL discussion

Go to another board -