TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Tourist Visa
Dragonized - 2013-01-31
In response to Re: Tourist Visa (foxy)

Fact is, you're the boss - you can pull a runner and they can do absolutely nothing.

While I did miss that part with the Associate's Degree, for that you did well on your part. But I do know that pulling a runner can still land you in hot water, and it hasn't changed. If the school decides to pursue legal action on their part you will risk being blacklisted and even have your Resident Permit in your own passport cancelled without the authorities ever needing to lay a hand on your passport. I know Foxy because of your marriage to a Chinese citizen you have that long Resident Permit which makes life easier for you. But for foreign teachers without this they must obtain a Foreign Experts Certificate which has the exact location of where they work as well as the RP which also says which city you are working or supposed to be working in.

If you switch jobs within China, your new company will need to get a new Resident Permit as well as a new Foreign Experts Certificate. This means getting a proper Letter of Release with the red stamp at the bottom of the letter. Some Provinces require that a Letter of Release be given through printing out the form which they will email you and you need to print that out and fill it out, ending with the red stamp at the bottom. From my own personal experience most companies and public schools will accept a typed up, regular letter with normal form but the red stamp is unavoidable. Some provinces may require you fill out the official form though. The new place will also surely place a call to your old place of work asking about your performance at your last job.

Maybe Inner Mongolia is different, but having worked in the north of china specifically in the Northwest I can say that no matter where you go within China if you are single and by yourself you are at the complete mercy of your Employer and the Chinese Government who will not be on your side if you dispute a case, do not think you can get lucky in this respect. Private employers will abuse this to no end, while management at public schools while still narcissistic and self centered will leave you more alone.

For Teacher who are new to the China scene, realize you will not be given unconditional trust or find like minded, idealistic Chinese people who want to accept you no matter what. Expect a lot of utility on their end and do not think the local expats who have lived in China for a while will be of any help, as there can be a pattern with expats with being more selfish the longer they live in China. Call that assimilation if you will.

Messages In This Thread
Tourist Visa -- Ren -- 2013-01-26
Re: Tourist Visa -- foxy -- 2013-01-29
Re: Tourist Visa -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-29
Re: Tourist Visa -- foxy -- 2013-01-29
Re: Tourist Visa -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-31
Re: Tourist Visa -- foxy -- 2013-02-01
Re: Tourist Visa -- San Migs -- 2013-02-01
Re: Tourist Visa -- foxy -- 2013-01-27
Re: Tourist Visa -- foxy -- 2013-01-27
Re: Tourist Visa -- San Migs -- 2013-01-27
Re: Tourist Visa -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-27