TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract
Mancunian - 2013-02-22

I tend to agree.
The key to a successful teaching experience abroad is going with an open mind and ability to adapt to the local ways. If you aren't getting what you were promised in a contract, you are much more likely to get it by doing your job and politely insisting, while showing deference to your superiors. Get your employers to like you and appreciate having you, and you're more likely to get what you were promised. Demand what you're owed and complain when you don't get it, you're more likely to be ignored. If you're not willing to accept that you're working in a different business culture, you probably shouldn't have decided to teach in China. I'm not saying that employees should put up with being mistreated and lied to, quite the contrary, I'm just saying that the employee is more likely to get what he or she is deserved by asking for it the right way. It works for me.

Succinctly put. You must now be prepared to be attacked by the whole vulgar cackle of Sniggering Hyenas; they will make outlandish accusations....they make me roar with laughter actually. However, on a more somber note, they have managed to brainwash the odd otherwise nice but simple-minded FT, rendereding them useless to ever work again, because FTing in China was their only outlet for work; sadly now they will never be accepted for work in China again, because they have been got at-gotten excessively militant and stroppy - start demanding flight money to be sent to England in advance-nonsense like that.

Messages In This Thread
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-21
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- San Migs -- 2013-02-23
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Guajiro -- 2013-02-22
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-23
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- John O’Shei -- 2013-02-23
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-23
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-23
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- John O’Shei -- 2013-02-25
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-28
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-25
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- San Migs -- 2013-02-26
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-24
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-24
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- San Migs -- 2013-02-23
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-22
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-23
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-24
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract

Go to another board -