TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Give it a rest, please, Mancunian, would you, please?
Mancunian - 2013-03-07

You have done well to retire as a wealthy man, but what of those who haven't?

Teaching in the crappy world of ESL is not the only option in life if people do not have a job. Neither is teaching at crappy training centres the only option.
Go abroad to teach anything, that is fine if one is qualified, but consider options outside the crappy world of ESL.

There's a flaw in your argument, Turnoi, if I may make so bold. Now, some of us FT's while not being mad or mentally unstable, we do a screw loose, just something missing. I have met a few FT's in China, very good FT's, who have told me their stories. Now, because they were a little eccentric or something like that, they had always been unemployed in the West; even when there was a lot of work to be had- had never gotten on with their fellow countrymen, and so on. In China, with all its corruption and its ills, for the first time in their lives they have been gainfully employed- a Chinese girl to cuddle; and have felt appreciated. I maintain that China is the only place for some FT's. Am I right or am I right?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Give it a rest, please, Mancunian, would you, please? -- Mancunian -- 2013-03-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Give it a rest, please, Mancunian, would you, please?

Go to another board -