TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China resident permit - ESL discussion
cha yin zhe - 2005-06-29
In response to health check - ESL discussion (geography expert)

Hi tram,

Its never good to read conflicting reports but it happens a lot on these forums so heres my answer to your post:

The Z visa is not a thing of the past so its good that youre in possession of one; that shows that your employer is legally able to employ you. The Z visa enables you to enter the country, legally, and take up employment. Once here your employer will, during the first 30 days, need to obtain your FEC (Foreign Experts Certificate) and RPF (Residence Permit for Foreigners) and once youre in possession of those the Z or any other kind of visa becomes unnecessary. This is because the new RPF has the dual function of being your residence permit and allows you enter/exit China as you wish during its period of validity.

In regard to the medical I would point out that it is invariably done here in China and indeed the local authorities will not normally accept an overseas medical report. The medical is part of the process in obtaining your FEC and RPF.

Remember that within 30 days you will need your FEC and RPF; mine was done in 5 days. All should be well but dont be afraid to pursue those documents.

Messages In This Thread
China resident permit - ESL discussion -- tram -- 2005-06-29
Resident permit - Teachers discussion -- Jag Patel -- 2005-08-16
Police and Resident permit in China - Teachers discussion -- Mabel and Claude Gordon -- 2005-08-17
Not all... - Teachers discussion -- Dos -- 2005-08-18
Two trips to HK - Teachers discussion -- The Gordons -- 2005-08-26
Listen.... - Teachers discussion -- Mic -- 2005-08-22
can i - ESL discussion -- olasiji saheed olawale -- 2005-07-23
health check - ESL discussion -- geography expert -- 2005-06-29
China resident permit - ESL discussion -- cha yin zhe -- 2005-06-29
re:cha yin zhe - ESL discussion -- tram -- 2005-06-29
Z- visa - ESL discussion -- Dos -- 2005-06-30
Re: Dos - ESL discussion -- tram -- 2005-06-30
health check - ESL discussion -- tram -- 2005-06-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China resident permit - ESL discussion

Go to another board -