TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: re: visas?
Mancunian - 2013-03-17

Well, maybe you interpret my input a bit out of context in which I said it.
On the other hand - I am repeating here myself - all those points have to be considered within the terms of the system question to be asked.
Some food for thought: China now has a capitalist-oriented market economy, and market economies normally work more or less well in countries with democratic, pluralist societies.
It may not work so well in countries that do not have this type of society. So, what do you call a nation that on the one hand has a market economy (that works well in democratic, pluralistic type of societies but which has been) in an environment that does not know the rule of law as a principle on the other hand? If I was cheated by my employer in Europe, I can go court and have a good chance to get a binding court decision in my favour. Can I do so in China? No, it is highly unlikely.
China, because of its political structure, is a nation where the government wants to control everything, and the way they do it is very often counter-productive.
Thailand is a much more relaxed country for a Westener to live in, as it does not have this contradiction between market economy and political structure.

Well said, Turnoi, I can concur with that; however, once in China, living and working, we should accept it for what it is, and not grumble about life and work in China, because a little bit research before we took the China plunge would have prepared us for what could be.

Messages In This Thread
Re: re: visas? -- Mancunian -- 2013-03-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: re: visas?

Go to another board -