TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Avoid Start Consulting and Shaoyang Like the Plague
Vanilla Fudge - 2013-03-22

I leave now with $3,000 less than when I started with.

I have lost 4,000 Euros (for flight, shipping expenses of my belongings to China, visa fee and some other things) last year when I was promised a job at Ocean University in Qingdao, Shandong Province, China. The job was not the problem but the apartment they wanted to give me. Before I came, they told me that the apartment on the uni campus would be free (no rent). When I arrived, they gave me a bad apartment - dirty, with broken and damaged furniture - and wanted me to pay a monthly "rent" of 2000 RMB to be deducted from my salary. I tried to discuss the matter with the Foreign Office manager but that was vain. In the end, I refused to sign the contract and left.

Why the hell should anyone go to China, spend a lot of money, just to find out in the end that they are going to cheat you?

Be a winner and never a "loser" again - avoid China and go to Taiwan, Hongkong or Korea instead: better pay, a really free country, no firewall that bans you from posting on Facebook, less corruption and stress with bureaucracy officials!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Avoid Start Consulting and Shaoyang Like the Plague -- Vanilla Fudge -- 2013-03-22
Re: Avoid Start Consulting and Shaoyang Like the Plague -- Stevo -- 2013-03-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Avoid Start Consulting and Shaoyang Like the Plague

Go to another board -