TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows!
Dragonized - 2013-03-22

Again, this illustrates one of the major problems in Chinese EFL - these training centres are run by incompetent clowns! How can you hate foreigners while operating a business with the main objective of qualifying others for communicating with them in English? This seems to be such a principal contradiction like light and darkness, day and night. BTW, that owner and his wife have nothing to be proud of and that makes them "superior" to foreigners. In fact, they demonstrate their own inferiority by being so stupid and narrow-minded as they have shown to be.

Hey Turnoi I was walking outside and thinking about this myself regarding what attracts people together. Is it not fitting that these folks would attract grovelling weasels who lack basic common sense? A good example would be a few of the poster whom I debated with online regarding the genocide that is a part of Chinese history. Western apologists are all too eager to disregard this information by countering with the tired excuse that Western culture also did this and did that and did the same darn things. Well if I were a Chinese might I not be offended at the notion that massive deaths of my own people should be disregarded and taken more lightly because it is not a culture that is theirs? To brush something so frightening off like a minor incident would give the other party as carrying a unfounded superiority complex, and what if it was racism? Yet the same types of grovelers would want nothing else but to hold the thought that their current geographical location of work automatically makes them the moral authority on what comes and goes in the country that they are at, which is China in this case. Critiques for the situation there would be countered with the patronizing argument that they are morally superior if for nothing else than because they are happy working for the Chinese! What a FAIL in intelligence. That people can be stupid enough to say something is good merely because they purposefully ignored the bad, how does that make you morally better??

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Messages In This Thread
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- Dragonized -- 2013-03-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows!

Go to another board -