TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Meaning of the "Beelzebub" nick...hahaha
Beelzebub - 2013-04-01

Is it for reasons of self-irony or sarcasm that you chose to use just that nick?...hahaha

You must know quite well that Beelzebub was a pagan deity in city of Ekron in the lands of the Old Testament Philistines (from whence the modern form Palestine is derived). Literally translating as "Lord of the Flies" (how many of these beasts have you killed in your past life?...LOL), this term also stands for "devil" in Jewish, Christian and Arabic religious literature.

Now, I am not a "devil" but maybe a vampire...hahaha

Yes, but I don't think he was much like Old Nick;although was also a fallen angel. That said, you know more about him than I- I got the name from a bad old cow, a bull actually, who used to hide behind a big old elm tree in a field near the funeral parlour where I worked. When we finished our work of a day we used to have to cross his field to get to a scrumpy house. He was crafty as a wagon load of monkeys and would make a charge when you got to the tree he was hidden behind. Bit like Old Nick, thinking about it-you could be right. Took the school mistresses skirt right off once he did, guffaw guffaw.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Meaning of the "Beelzebub" nick...hahaha -- Beelzebub -- 2013-04-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Meaning of the "Beelzebub" nick...hahaha

Go to another board -