TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Meaning of the "Beelzebub" nick...hahaha
Beelzebub - 2013-04-01

I do not believe in demons. Some people tend to believe in them because they lack the knowledge of real natural phenomena and the cause why they are there - for example, we all know why there are blizzards today. In some more traditional cultures, a blizzard is still regarded as a demon.

Even the church would not believe in a devil as a person today, and neither do I. There are destructive and evil forces in all of us - aggression, jealousy, etc., but that is psychology and something else. The ancient NT and medieval churches had not yet seen the era of enlightment, but fortunately today we all know that there are destructive forces in all of us but there are no demons, devils or something like that. Most mainstream line churches would hold similar views, especially those committed to "liberal" theology. There are certain fundamentalist circles who claim the opposite but we may safely ignore in this respect.

I don't know you get some strange experiences in my profession. Three of us were working on a late lamented once on a wet afternoon- we took a fag break, and drew up some chairs near the body. The next thing you know there was tea all over the place-not not mention chocolate coated digestives- we had such a shock everything went all over the floor. We all swear to this day that the lamented asked for a cup of tea- cup of tea, she said. How do you explain that one then? In all fairness you do get air expelled from corpses, but never articulating CUP OF TEA, exactly. My lodger swears to have seen a werewolf on the moor sevewral times-but he's always drunk. i hope to God he will curb his excesses when He arrives in China to teach in a fortnight.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Meaning of the "Beelzebub" nick...hahaha -- Beelzebub -- 2013-04-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Meaning of the "Beelzebub" nick...hahaha

Go to another board -