TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Beelzebub - 2013-04-02

To be fair, we can't expect the Chinese to be perfect if we claim the same "right" for ourselves.

That said, the problems Western FTs are dealing with in case of crap employers in China is not that they are expected to be perfect. What reasonably can be expected is that they honour their obligations from the contract. If crap TC owners find all kinds of pretend reasons to deduct parts from your salary or do not pay you at all, it is not a minor failure due to imperfection, it is part of their business model in cheat and deception. Such a business model is what has been called "despotic conduct of power", a term coined in Western Sociology for societies where the rule of law does not exist.

You relentlessly come back at me, Turnoi-are you sure you are not an avenging angel? I was in hope that you would earlier than later see the righteousness in my words.

When the Chinese start penalising you, they invariably at least hint that this could happen in the contract. Young FT's are not sending enough contracts to the bin, I'm afraid. They are not asking enough questions, so they are not really suitable for work in China, and it's best they return home.

I don't give a monkey's uncle if the Chinese are a shower of thieves; if you have your head screwed on you can still have a good time teaching in China.

Messages In This Thread
Re: F Visa -- Beelzebub -- 2013-04-02
Re: F Visa -- Pazuzu -- 2013-04-03
Re: F Visa -- Dragonized -- 2013-04-03
Re: F Visa -- cyder -- 2013-04-02
Re: F Visa -- foxy -- 2013-04-03
Re: F Visa -- Dragonized -- 2013-04-03

Go to another board -