TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › considering TESOL/TEFL certification
Kathryn - 2013-04-05

Let me briefly introduce myself and my background: four years ago I received my Master's degree in Secondary English Education (to essentially teach English Language Arts) but aside from two years of per-diem substitute teaching and a year of student teaching, have not taught in the classroom. As my teaching skills and chances of securing a position are slowly fading, I would like to explore a different avenue and teach English to adults. Since I work full-time, I found a Combined on-line/in-class program with ITTT that will allow me up to 6 months to complete the on-line course and 3 weekends to fulfill the teaching practicum portion at the New York location. My question is, are job prospects good for this certification? I believe it's either 120 or 140 hours. Also, has anyone used ITTT for certification? I plan on staying in the New York metropolitan area since going abroad is not an option at the moment. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
considering TESOL/TEFL certification -- Kathryn -- 2013-04-05
Re: considering TESOL/TEFL certification -- Mikek -- 2013-04-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › considering TESOL/TEFL certification

Go to another board -