TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What is up with one-sided contracts?
foxy - 2013-04-10

I'm not going to go into detail on that as the particular piece of aggression you've picked up on was aimed at just one poster who had posted previously that he was doing me a favour backing off. However, there is a skeleton in the cupboard there, known by said poster, but as things stand, I won't reveal it. Strange he is somewhat displeased with me given he's advising readers not to come to China to teach EFL, whereas I'm saying China isn't a good choice for most foreigners to come to to teach EFL. One poster said you can enjoy teaching here if you've your head screwed on. I agreed. That annoyed the other poster. But the thing is the way I've my head screwed on might well be very different from the way that poster was implying he had his head screwed on. There's more than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

As for the Brit/American culture thing, I've been lied to and messed about something awful over months and months by a Scottish public pensions provider via its chosen bank (agent), an American bank, and got what I can only rate as negative feedback from some posters from England after posting details of said incompetence on the board. Not that I was after positive feedback nor consolation, fact being I wasn't looking for feedback. The posts were posted for purposes of information.

I regard myself as a half-breed, half Scottish and half German, so I have no particular allegiance to my fatherland nor to my motherland. And nor to China, by the way. I see a poster with the name of a Spanish beer as his moniker has decided to desert the board. Fair enough, but he needn't say the vitriol that he detests reading isn't on other teachers' boards, which implies this board is too liberal in what it allows to be posted in his view. Fact is, the other EFL boards choose to suppress free speech and prevent negative posts appearing against EFL employers who advertise on them. You're vetted first on your application before you can post. Rubbish, in my view!

Messages In This Thread
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Dragonized -- 2013-04-10
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- foxy -- 2013-04-10
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Pazuzu -- 2013-04-10
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- foxy -- 2013-04-10
Re: So who are you talking about exactly? -- Dragonized -- 2013-05-13
Re: So who are you talking about exactly? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-14
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- San Migs Draft -- 2013-04-22
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Mancunian -- 2013-04-10
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Pazuzu -- 2013-04-10
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- foxy -- 2013-04-11
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- San Migs Draft -- 2013-04-22
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Mancunian Beelzebub -- 2013-04-11
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Dragonized -- 2013-04-12
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Mancunian Beelzebub -- 2013-04-12
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Dragonized -- 2013-04-14
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Mancunian Beelzebub -- 2013-04-14
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- San Migs Draft -- 2013-04-25
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Dragonized -- 2013-04-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What is up with one-sided contracts?

Go to another board -