TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What is up with one-sided contracts?
Dragonized - 2013-04-12

I think a good rule of thumb for getting the best types of girls that are good for you would be to be around women who are in the same age range as you and also just be yourself. I myself had girls pay for my meals although it wasn't like a date, more like friends going out. But the stereotypes are being broken all the time. Even when I was a young boy during my first visit to China some older gents asked me about the going dutch thing. Local Chinese know full well that foreigners like to go dutch. The problem is, if you're dating a Chinese woman once she thinks she has "hooked" you she will expect you to be the one to cater to her cultural values which is something that westerners cannot stand due to principle. A good example is a case I heard from a colleague of an older gent I know well who's daughter is married to a well known social media mogul. She blatantly bragged about knowing full well how in the West the Bride's side of the family is expected to pay for the wedding, but because her son-in-law is wealthy she flat out refused to do it. Of course, I wonder if she would have agreed to marrying her daughter to her son-in-law if he wasn't so rich in the first place, as Chinese women are arguably more in love with money than Chinese men.

The unwillingness to compromise shows nothing but a lack of class. Even if people don't say anything, doesn't mean they don't think this about you.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Dragonized -- 2013-04-12
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts? -- Mancunian Beelzebub -- 2013-04-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What is up with one-sided contracts?

Go to another board -