TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › stuff to bring to china - ESL discussion
madison - 2005-07-06
In response to Things to bring to China from Canada - ESL discussion (Monica and Fayaz www.conkaba.piczo.com GREAT Teachers!)

i would have to say the one thing you would HAVE to bring is deoderant!! in china they dont have any sort of anti-perspirant or regular deoderant you would get in canada. so bring enough for the length of your stay or get someone to send you some while you are over in china.
as for personal items, bring pictures of friends and family, always helpful in those "home-sick" times.i also brought pictures of my home area to show the students and teachers.music as well.
im from canada and came over here teaching primary school so i stocked up on little things from the dollar store, anything canadian(i would reccommend 1 cent stamps, canadian pins you can get at your local MLA office, canada calenders for gifts)
as for food, if theres anything that you can live without i would say bring it! but you can get some western products such as peanut butter, jam, mayo, and in the bigger cities you can get anything you would get in canada as well. i brought coffee(ground) because you can only get instant coffee here (with the exception of the bigger cities) and a french press.
i hope this helps! good luck in china!

Messages In This Thread
Things to bring to China from Canada - ESL discussion -- Monica and Fayaz www.conkaba.piczo.com GREAT Teachers! -- 2005-06-29
stuff to bring to china - ESL discussion -- madison -- 2005-07-06
Zibo, Shandong province, P.R. China - ESL discussion -- Robert Cuthbert -- 2005-07-09
Thanks for the great info! - ESL discussion -- Monica & Fayaz GREAT Experienced Teachers! www.conkaba.piczo.com -- 2005-07-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › stuff to bring to china - ESL discussion

Go to another board -