TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A rich mixture , mate, and then get a brew on.
Beelzebub - 2013-05-05

I have been thinking, and with the greatest of respect to the couple of qualified teachers on the site, I believe that those of us like Silverboy and yours truly who have done other things in our lives can make better and more interesting FT's for our Chinese students, whom it is our job to get talking on account of us being oral English teachers. We can bring a lot more anecdotes and experience into lessons. Well, what does the above subject line mean "a rich mixture, mate, and then get a brew on?" Me and Silverboy know what it means and so will our students. A rich mixture in the context of a building site can refer to a demand for concrete, at a ratio of a lot of 'dust' than usual (builders slang for cement) compared to 'ballast' (a sand and stones mixture) The trademan on the site may also add "and slosh in some integral waterproofer" means "to slosh in" to introduce an unmeasured amount. 'Integral- integrity- do you see how we can build up words for the students, and make the lessons easy for us to teach? "And then get a brew on" When you have "knocked up" (prepared, made up) make all the lads a cup of tea. By the way, a rich mixture may be 3 to one-one dust to 3 shovels of ballast-very rich indeed. A weak mixture could be 12 to one, one shovel of dust to 12 shovels of ballast. No No, unqualified teachers make better FT's. Am I right or am I right?

Messages In This Thread
A rich mixture , mate, and then get a brew on. -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-05
Re: A rich mixture , mate, and then get a brew on. -- MikeK -- 2013-05-06
Re: A rich mixture , mate, and then get a brew on. -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-06
Re: A rich mixture , mate, and then get a brew on. -- MikeK -- 2013-05-07
Re: A rich mixture , mate, and then get a brew on. -- Dragonized -- 2013-05-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A rich mixture , mate, and then get a brew on.

Go to another board -