TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Valid points, to a point - ESL discussion
BD - 2005-07-09
In response to Valid points - ESL discussion (Dos)

I can't say I completely disagree with you Dos, but I'm not sure where the non-experience comment comes from? Is it that an experienced teacher actually expects his/her students to work and learn something? Because you are absolutely correct if that is how I am understanding your post.

Yes, I am educated as a teacher and have experience teaching in the US. Please forgive me for being so naive that I expect students to earn their grade, but that is how I feel. You seem to be suggesting that an inexperienced teacher with liitle or no education will have lower expectations of his/her students. I appoligize if I am reading your post incorrectly, but that is how it's coming off to me. My overseas experience is in Latin America rather than Asia, which is where all of you on this site seem to be.

BTW, I have experience in the private sector too, in fact more than I do in teaching. So I am aware of how ineffective a poorly educated emloyee is to his/her employer, and what a pain they are to manage.

Messages In This Thread
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Valid points, to a point - ESL discussion

Go to another board -