TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Avoid TeachingGD and South China Normal University
Run From TeachingD - 2013-05-11

I think that I can speak to the facts here.

Firstly, Turnoi is on the mark.

TeachingD. is the current re-invention of another agency in Guangzhou that was actually shut down by the Guangdong Government two-or-three years ago because of nefarious practices -- the manufacture and distribution of illegal visas -- actually the real manufacture and distribution of illegal visa. This company was shut down and fined and then it reinvented itself with the same set of management and the same set of practices albeit under a different name.

The owner, whose name is J*** W* also is the owner of a franchise of Anglische Furste (deliberately misspelled) in Guangzhou. He channels those teachers rejected by Anglische Furste as being not qualified to his own agency and then he does his not-so-wonderful little bag-of-tricks.

I continue to receive emails from the re-invented agency concerning new job posts because the re-invented agency simply is the old agency and they kept all of its contacts, distribution lists, etc,. etc.

TeachingD. is truly at the bottom-of-the-barrel.

As for South China Normal University, if you are engaged to teach at the Tian He campus, then that is fine. It is centrally located but the salaries are really terrible and the apartments old and dank.

If you are engaged to teach at the SCNU Foshan campus, then run for your life. The campus is in the middle of nowhere, at the end of a cul-de-sac with no taxis in a rural location and very sporadic bus service but service exists only during very limited daylight hours. Living conditions on the campus are nothing but student dormitory rooms, truly so, but the university is "generous" because it will house only one foreign teacher in this paltry, miserably, cold, unheated, stinking dormitory room, instead of the usual 6-8 Chinese students.

The turnover at the Foshan campus is probably 500% a year and it simply bleeds foreign teachers.

Avoid both. Above all, avoid TeachingD.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Avoid TeachingGD and South China Normal University -- Run From TeachingD -- 2013-05-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Avoid TeachingGD and South China Normal University

Go to another board -