TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Anyone at JUC Female Branch?
Kathiri - 2013-05-22

Hi All,

I just had an interview with JUC female branch and it was AWFUL! I wanted to ask if anyone else had such an experience with them - or maybe I'm just imagining it? The problems I had were as follows:

1. They did a Skype interview and made me turn on my video but wouldn't show themselves.

2. They apparently hadn't read my resume because they asked me about my experience from many years ago, as opposed to my most recent experience which was more relevant.

3. They didn't tell me anything about the program or college or who I would be teaching.

4. They didn't ask me if I had any questions or seem to invite questions.

5. The questions asked seemed more to try to "stump" me - asking vague questions and then getting impatient when I asked for more details and seeming already to be annoyed despite knowing me for less than 10 minutes.

6. The head interviewer was very cold and condescending - and gave out bad vibes - can't describe it any other way.

Having worked with Eastern females before, I'm used to catty & high school-ish behavior (cold cliquish females I mean), but I felt like they were sort of at the extreme end. To be fair, one of the women seemed nice (from what I could hear!) and so I don't know if it was just the luck of the draw for me.

That said, I wanted to ask how females workng at JUC feel about it. I'm totally turned off, but I'm not really sure where I'll end up because I"m going wherever hubby goes. He says it's DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, but I still want to get more info.

Thanks!
KM

Messages In This Thread
Anyone at JUC Female Branch? -- Kathiri -- 2013-05-22
Re: Anyone at JUC Female Branch? -- MikeK -- 2013-05-23
Re: Anyone at JUC Female Branch? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-23
Re: Anyone at JUC Female Branch? -- MikeK -- 2013-05-23
Re: Anyone at JUC Female Branch? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-23
Re: Anyone at JUC Female Branch? -- MikeK -- 2013-05-24
Re: Anyone at JUC Female Branch? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-24
Re: Anyone at JUC Female Branch? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-05-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Anyone at JUC Female Branch?

Go to another board -